What is MOST Important When Selecting Your REALTOR?
As a first time buyer you have a critical job – making a decision as to which REALTOR you are going to work with to help you buy your first home. Although deciding WHICH home to buy is probably the other critical decision that you will need to make.
Selecting your agent is a huge decision and you shouldn’t take it lightly. But what is MOST important when selecting your REALTOR?
A big part of the answer to that question depends on you. So I suggest you think about what is MOST important to you, as you talk with possible team members.
- Is it the person who has the most experience?
- The person who has sold the most homes?
- The agent who has every credential in the book?
- That person who is a techie and has all the bells and whistles?
- Is it the agent that makes you feel comfortable? The one who genuinely seems to want to help YOU make a crucial decision, and NOT just earn a paycheck?
- The individual who seems to be the most competent and knowledgeable?
- The person who knows that area(s) you are interested in?
My point here is that all of these are issues for you to consider, among others I’m sure you will think of. Some things may be more important to you than others.
I believe that the relationship between agents and their clients is really the key to success. There has to be a sense of trust, and honesty; integrity and loyalty; and a real concern for you, the buyer. YOU are the one who is most important in the relationship.
There are lots of folks out there who have the knowledge, know the technology, and have helped people buy and sell homes. But you have to decide based on what is most important, and comfortable, for you. Don’t make a hasty decision on this…trust me. But I think you will also know when you have found the right person to help you in the most important, and expensive, purchase of your life.